Notifications for a site, known as "Alerts", help distinguish content from normal text. There are several alert options to choose from depending on the type of notification needed. These alerts are created as custom blocks. The custom block can then be placed using the Panelizer on a specific page or through Block Layout. A region called Site Notification can be utilized to display any alert created and are meant to be utilized together. The Site Notification region will display the block across the top of the website on the pages you designate in the configuration options.
Types of Alerts
- Standard (blue)
- Alternative (grey)
- Successful (green)
- Caution (gold)
- Attention (red)
Create an Alert
An alert is a Custom Block.
- Navigate to Structure -> Block Layout -> Custom Block Library
- Click on the blue button "Add Custom Block"
- Select Custom Alert
- Give your block a description
- Any information you place in the body will have the alert style wrapped around it
- Select an alert type
- Decide to include a little "x" that will allow users to dismiss the alert (the alert will come back if they refresh the page)
- By default, the block is in draft and will not display to those viewing the site, only to authenticated (logged in) users. Once you are ready for the updates to publish, change the state to "Published".
- Click Save
Place an Alert
An alert can be placed on a basic page through Panelizer, Layout, or it can be added through Block Layout. If the alert should be at the top of your site, use the Site Notification region found in Block Layout.