Bugs and other Weirdness!
Is something weird going on? Have you found a bug? Please let us know by opening an incident at Service Link under Software & Applications, sub-category, Campus Websites.
These are known issues that have been reported as incidents from campus that are currently Campus Web Solutions backlog.
- Default bullets are not displaying when using dynamic columns or basic blocks. Workaround: change bullet to another bullet style using the "styles" dropdown.
- Adding code through source in accordion custom block - code only kept in last edited accordion
- MegaNav sticky changes position of anchor link
- "Open in New Window" stays checked when using chain link icons. Make sure this has been unchecked on both editor selections.
- Events teaser right align button is not positioned correctly
- Video popup in CTA has no "x" to close video
- In Article listing pages sometimes not all the thumbnails or article date and author info displays. This appears to be random.
Workarounds for Known Issues
Carousel Sliders for Hero and Content
Multiple carousels will work on the same page. However, they all need to have multiple images. If one of the carousel sliders is only displaying one image, where the one below is displaying multiple, the "dots" and slider navigation will be controlled in the top most slider for the one below. To prevent this, do not use a carousel slider when you only want one image. If you are using a carousel slider as a hero slider but only have one image, use instead the Head Image and Title block or the "Header Options" on basic pages.
Cannot link an image once it has been placed with the media (star) icon? Drupal is changing your image into a Drupal entity. There are two workarounds.
Link the Caption
- Use the star icon on the editor to select the image.
- Make your changes and selections as you normally would.
- In the Caption field, write a headline for what you are linking. In my example, I will be linking websites.ucr.edu so I will use the headline "Edit Your Website".
- Click embed.
- Now highlight the text of your headline and with it highlighted select the chain link icon.
- Add the URL you want your caption to be linked to.
The below image is an example of a caption that is linked.
- Upload image file through Content -> Add Media
- Copy the root relative URL path of the image (everything after the .com or the .edu)
- Go to the page you want to edit, click to the source text formatter and click "Source" in the WYSIWYG editor
- Add the following a href and img tags replacing "sample" and extensions to the proper destinations:
<a href="http://sample.ucr.edu/sample.pdf target="_blank"><img src="/paste-the-root-relative-url-path-of-image-here.jpg" alt="title of image" /></a>
Flush Caches to Force Updates
Sometimes content does not update right away. In order to force an update whether it is textual information or a newly uploaded file, site builders are able to Flush All Caches under the Drupal watermark.
WYSIWYG Source Mode Edit using Panelizer & Layout
Editing WYSIWYG content in source mode using Panelizer or Layout Builder and changes aren't updating? You'll need to click back to normal view from source view before you update. To do so, just click on "source" again after you make your updates before saving.
Lists in Dynamic Columns
When adding a list in the dynamic column custom block, it will not display as a list unless you add the HTML code.
<ul> <li style="list-style-type:disc;">Copy goes here</li> </ul>