The On-boarding Process
Interested in creating and maintaining a site within ITS' new CMS environment? Please review the checklist and guidelines.
On Site Hosting Only
For those who want hosting space only, the same oversight procedure will apply. The organizational lead (Site Factory Manager) will vet all requests. Hosting space will require knowledge of FTP, HTML, CSS, and other web technologies. ITS will not provide technical support. The requestor will be considered the owner of the site and will be held responsible for the content, making sure the website follows accessibility guidelines, and is not vulnerable to attacks (if the site is hacked, it will be taken down). Site owner is responsible for backing up the site.
Fill out the same site request and select "No" when asked if you want a Drupal site.
- Do a search of the UCR websites to make sure a site similar to your content has not already been created.
- Make sure the domain name has not already been taken.
- Personal websites are not permitted, therefore, no vanity URLs.
- Students are not permitted to request a site. However, students are able to edit a website.
- Review the details of the service on the About page
- Verify that your site is eligible for inclusion
- Check to see if your unit has a dedicated Site Factory manager
- Familiarize yourself with training documentation
- Submit the site request form, see the button link below.
Request a Site
If your organization has a Site Factory Manager, your request will be directed to the Site Factory Manager for approval and initial setup.
Please note that faculty in Engineering will need to speak to their Site Factory Manager first in order to proceed.
This request is to obtain an Acquia Cloud Site Factory website that you will use to develop your site. It will have a "name.ucr.acsitefactory.com" domain until you are ready to launch.
Launching a Site
When ready to "launch" your site, please use the Launch a Drupal Website form. Launching a site means you are ready for your .acsitefactory.com URL to be updated to the permanent domain at "something".ucr.edu. Please request your launch at least 3 days in advance, as we cannot guarantee same day switch over.
Pre launch checklist for Site owners:
- Make sure your <front> (home) page is displaying correctly (see http://websites.ucr.edu/training/site-config)
- Has your organization been updated? (http://websites.ucr.edu/training/site-config)
- Does your footer display your department's information (http://websites.ucr.edu/training/site-config)
- Have you removed or updated the top audience links? (http://websites.ucr.edu/training/site-config)
- Did you want a hero and is it displaying correctly? (http://websites.ucr.edu/training/carousel-as-hero)
- Are all your navigation menu links working? If you are using drop downs, are the arrows displaying? http://websites.ucr.edu/training/main-nav
- Are all documents that have been linked working correctly?
- Is your text on teasers passing color accessibility at the AA level? http://accessible-colors.com/